Monday, February 4, 2008

Introduction

I am always looking for new ways to express myself. I've always been inspired by comic strips such as Calving & Hobbes, the Far Side, and Zippy (kidding!), but when I tried my hand at it my drawings unintentioanally look like scraps from Picasso's cubist period. However, I recently found within myself an incredible talent: using Microsoft products to create works of astounding genius.

The first hints of this gift became evident when I used to make physics tests for my students. I spent more time using the drawing toolbar on Microsoft Word to make narrative pictures for each problem than I did coming up with the problems themselves. Then, all of a sudden, it happened. It came to me in a dream. I discovered the fundamental principle of stick figures--that via a simple rotation & permutation of the eyebrows and mouth, all the archetypal characters of true drama can be manifested:

































So, here goes, my first comic strip, "wordArt". It is made with 100% Microsoft Offfice Products. (AHEM bill gates give me an endorsement deal AHEM). Bear with me on this journey of enlightenment, discovery, and spellchecking...and let me know what you think!

No comments: